Submitted by Jack Ulrich on Wed, 02/27/2019 - 13:47
FAQ Title Label
Can REEL be used for nonenergy efficiency projects?
FAQ Property Type
FAQ category

Yes, a portion of your loan can be used to fund nonenergy projects. If at least 70% of the financing cost is composed of eligible energy efficiency projects and related costs (such as building permits and any repairs that would typically be needed as a result of installing the energy efficiency project), the remaining 30% can be used to fund other related home improvements, such as installing landscaping, water-savings measures or even cabinetry.