Get financing for residential energy efficiency projects
The Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) program was designed to help California homeowners and renters access affordable financing for energy efficiency projects.
The program is available to any California resident who owns or rents a property of 1 to 4 units (single-family home, condo, townhouse, duplex, triplex, fourplex) that receives electric and/or natural gas service from any of the following energy companies: Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E®) / San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®) / Southern California Edison (SCE) / Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®).
With different lenders and loan options, there’s a REEL solution for your home improvement needs.
- No home equity needed
- No lien on your property
- Competitive rates
- Affordable monthly payments
- No closing costs or origination fees
- No prepayment penalties - pay off your loan early if it works for you
- 100% financing
- Up to 30% of loan amount towards nonenergy improvements
- Available to borrowers with a wide range of credit scores and incomes
- Broad list of energy efficiency projects to choose from
- Reduce project cost with energy company rebates and incentives
Start your project today!
Here are four simple steps to finance your home energy improvement project with REEL.