GoGreen Home helps California residents tackle the high cost of energy efficiency upgrades with access to affordable private market financing. With zero fees or closing costs, and some of the best rates available, GoGreen Home can help you save money on energy bills while building more comfort and value in your home.
Both homeowners and renters are eligible for GoGreen Home. Customers may upgrade a single-family home, townhome, condo, duplex, triplex, fourplex or manufactured home. And, with GoGreen Home, renovations for up to four units can be bundled into the same loan.
Administered by the State of California with support from the investor-owned utilities, GoGreen Home facilitates financing for energy retrofits for qualifying properties.
Eligibility requires that the property receive electric or natural gas service from Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E®), San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®), Southern California Edison (SCE®) or Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®). For complete program information, please refer to the GoGreen Home regulations+. GoGreen Home does not offer loans for solar or energy storage systems.
- No home equity needed
- No lien on your property
- Available to borrowers with a wide range of credit scores and incomes
- Finance 100% of the cost of your project, including required related upgrades
- Direct up to 30% of loan amount toward non-energy improvements
- No prepayment penalties - pay off your loan early
- No closing costs or origination fees
- Affordable monthly payments
- Below-market interest rates
- Broad list of energy efficiency projects to choose from
- Reduce project cost with utility rebates/incentives
What can be financed?
Use the arrows below to browse home improvement projects that can be financed with GoGreen Home. For a full list of possibilities including measure specifications, view the Eligible Energy Efficiency Measures. Financing is currently not available for solar or energy storage systems through GoGreen Home.
Read what participants are saying
Do more with financing
Find out how the Flores family was able to upgrade more than just their water heater with the help of GoGreen Home.Learn more
Historic home renovation
Read how the Maziarz family refurbished their historic home to be more energy efficient and livable.Learn more
Energy efficient living
Find out why Claudia Flores chose GoGreen Home for her energy efficiency upgrades over other lending programs.Learn more
Upgrade to comfort
Learn why Sammie Allen chose to use GoGreen Home financing to upgrade his air conditioning system.Learn more
Start your project today!
Here are four simple steps to finance your home energy improvement project with GoGreen Home.
1. Get a project estimate from a contractor.
2. Choose an approved lender and apply for financing.
3. Receive lender confirmation to start your project.
4. Sign loan closing documents and enjoy your comfortable, efficient home.
You can take measures into your own hands!
GoGreen Home allows for do-it-yourself projects. Appliances and several other qualified home improvements can be self-installed.