Get financing for residential energy efficiency projects
The Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) program was designed to help California homeowners and renters access affordable financing for energy efficiency projects.
The program is available to any California resident who owns or rents a property of 1 to 4 units (single-family home, condo, townhouse, duplex, triplex, fourplex) that receives electric and/or natural gas service from any of the following: Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E®) / San Diego Gas & Electric Company (SDG&E®) / Southern California Edison (SCE®) / Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®).* For complete program rules and regulatory information, please reference the REEL Program Regulations.
With different lenders and loan options, there’s a REEL solution for your home improvement needs.
- No home equity needed
- No lien on your property
- Competitive rates
- Affordable monthly payments
- No closing costs
- No origination fees
- No prepayment penalties - pay off your loan early
- 100% financing
- Up to 30% of loan amount towards nonenergy improvements
- Available to a wide range of credit scores and incomes
- Broad list of energy efficiency projects to choose from
- Reduce project cost with investor-owned utility rebates/incentives
Start your project today!
Here are four simple steps to finance your home energy improvement project with REEL.