The REEL program has
in loans supported
About the program
The Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) program helps you attract new customers, helps your customers save energy and money, and lets you offer a truly green product.
Drive loan volume with lender benefits
- Credit enhancement to help mitigate risk
- Receive a loan loss reserve (LLR) contribution for every enrolled loan
- Participate at no cost to lender or borrower
- Recover up to 90% of outstanding principal in the event of a default
- Statewide financing marketing to grow your membership base
- Leverage an ever-growing network of licensed contractors promoting lenders' products to borrowers
- Benefit from a statewide financing marketing campaign
- Strategic collaboration with trusted organizations
- Administered by California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA), in the State Treasurer's Office
- Authorized by the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) and developed in collaboration with the state's investor-owned utilities (IOUs)
Click learn more to access the REEL Opportunity for California Lenders presentation and gain a better understanding of the benefits of becoming a REEL approved lender.
The REEL program is administered by the California Alternative Energy and Advanced Transportation Financing Authority (CAEATFA), housed in the California State Treasurer’s Office. In directing REEL, CAEATFA is collaborating with the investor-owned utilities: Pacific Gas and Electric Company, San Diego Gas & Electric Company, Southern California Edison, and SoCalGas®.*
The following resources are provided to help lenders and financial institutions learn more about the Residential Energy Efficiency Loan (REEL) program, apply for the program and enroll loans.
Learn more about the REEL program
Additional questions? Contact the program administration team:
Phone: (916) 651-8157
- Fill out appropriate application. Lenders applying with a Channel Partner should include the Channel Partner’s application materials and enclosures with their application submission.
- Submit the completed application, along with the required enclosures, by mail, fax or email.
915 Capitol Mall
Sacramento, CA 95814
- Fax: (916) 589-2855
- Email: email@example.com
Program forms for lenders
- Loan enrollment workbook+ (Excel download. Includes contractor's itemized invoice.)
- REEL borrower form+
- Lender's monthly report+ (Excel download)
- Claim application+