Close more projects with the Small Business Financing program
Offer business owners attractive financing options for energy efficiency upgrades
- Financing for up to $5 million through equipment leases, service agreements or loans
- Progress payments and prefunding available
- Broad list of pre-qualified measures with streamlined pathway for custom projects
- Ability to include non-energy measures such as landscaping and remodeling
- No property lien required
- May be combined with utility on-bill financing (OBF) or incentives
- Available for projects with long payback periods and projects that will never be "bill neutral"
- Online interface for easy project data submission
- On-Bill Repayment (OBR) functionality allows customers to conveniently make payments through their utility bill (coming in Fall 2021)
How does it work?
Financing through the Small Business Financing (SBF) program is provided by private finance companies. SBF supports these private finance companies with a credit enhancement — insurance that mitigates the risk of loss in cases of customer default. The credit enhancement enables finance companies to offer more attractive terms and to approve a wider range of customers.
Becoming a participating contractor or project developer is easy with our one-hour online training. Join the SBF program today and start closing more energy efficiency projects.
To sign up to receive regulatory notices, please click here.
How do I get started?
1. Determine if the project qualifies
2. Get a quote
Looking for more resources?
- Project platform login (password supplied upon program enrollment)
- Project platform video tutorial
- Bill impact estimate
- Program manual
- Program regulations
If you need help enrolling, getting started with a project or ordering a co-branded flyer, or if you have questions about the program, please contact the Contractor Support Team at: