Close more projects with the Small Business Financing program
Offer business owners an attractive financing option for energy efficiency upgrades
- Financing for up to $5 million through equipment leases, service agreements or loans
- Progress payments and prefunding available
- Broad list of prequalified measures with streamlined pathway for custom projects
- Available for projects with long payback periods and projects that will never be "bill neutral"
- Ability to include nonenergy measures such as landscaping, solar and other distributed generation
- Both tenant and owner occupants can qualify and no property lien required
- May be combined with utility on-bill financing (OBF)
- Online interface for easy project data submission
How does it work?
Financing through the Small Business Financing (SBF) program is provided by private finance companies. SBF supports these private finance companies with a credit enhancement — insurance that mitigates the risk of loss in cases of customer default. The credit enhancement enables finance companies to offer more attractive terms and to approve a wider range of customers.
Becoming a participating contractor or project developer is easy with our one-hour online training. Join the SBF program today and start closing more energy efficiency projects.
To sign up to receive regulatory notices, please click here.
Program tools and resources
- SBF participating finance companies feature chart
- Prequalified Energy Saving Measures list
- At-a-glance project eligibility checklists
- How SBF and OBF work together
- Program manual
- Project platform login (password supplied upon program enrollment)
- Project platform video tutorial
- Bill impact estimate
- Program regulations
- Frequently asked questions
Professional certified measure eligibility method
If you need help getting started, filling out the application or have any other program questions, please contact: